On mardi 25 novembre 2008, francesco wrote:
> Melchior FRANZ ha scritto:
> > There could be no doubt about the legal status of the screenshots
> > displayed on our webpage. If there's no explicit license, then they
> > are automatically protected by national copyright law in countries
> > which signed the Berne Convention. But we *want* that they be used
> > in articles and reviews about FlightGear, so we have to give
> > explicit permission for that.
> >
> > I've written down on a wiki page what should IMHO be made clear in
>
> I agree with what is written on that page, especially this part:
> Screenshots should only show features that are actually available to the
> public, not models that are private and can't be distributed due to a
> non-GPL-compatible, restrictive license etc.

Yes if we are not restrictive to the FlightGear CVS distribution only, some
models,  could be out of CVS  and however  GPL compatible, and FlightGear
compatible.

> But I think that it would be much easier to impose a particular creative
> common license from these:
> http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/meet-the-licenses (I think
> that  by-nd should be reasonable good)

Not sure that the common Licenses, must be imposed, any "Artist" could choose
his preferred license.

> or even using one of these:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Upload  (You must be logged in
> to reach this page).

Cheers

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire