Hi Guys,

On some systems (in particular Windows I think), if an aircraft refers to a
.wav file in another, not installed aircraft, OpenAL prints the following error
and FG exits:

 (AL_INVALID_VALUE): constructor (alBufferData)
Fatal error: Failed to buffer data.

This makes diagnosis particularly difficult, and has generated a couple of
topics on the Forums: e.g.
http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2191

I've tried putting together a patch for this, but my OpenAL version doesn't
suffer from this problem, and I've currently got my hands full trying to get 3D
clouds into an acceptable state for the release.

If someone is just itching for a bug to fix, they might want to take a look. I
think it would be sufficient simply to output the path of the missing .wav file.

Additionally, aircraft designers may want to bear this in mind, and suggest
that common sounds (the dc3 sounds are often used by other prop planes) are
moved into data/Sounds/.

-Stuart