Frederic Bouvier wrote

I would strongly advise upgrading to MSVC9 - it's free. I use it, and do
what Fred says - convert and use the 7.1 solutions and projects.

To quote from the help:

"Minimal Rebuild

To set this compiler option in the Visual Studio development environment
Open the project's Property Pages dialog box. For details, see How to: Open
Project Property Pages.

Click the C/C++ folder.

Click the Code Generation property page.

Modify the Enable Minimal Rebuild property."

But I suspect you have done this already. Note, even with this option
selected, if you rebuild any part of SG, a full FG rebuild will occur. I
have not found a way to preclude this.

HTH

Vivian