John Denker wrote:

> On 12/17/2008 08:04 PM, Csaba Halász wrote:
>
> > I assume you are not using sync-to-vblank or fps throttle.
>
> That's a correct assumption.  Forsooth, I've never heard of
> sync-to-vblank or fps throttle in this context.  The names
> sound nice, but
> -- They are not mentioned in --help --verbose
> -- They do not appear in the drop-down menus AFAICT.
> -- They do not appear in the getstart manual or in
>   any of the plain-text documents in data/Docs AFAICT.

Good point.

If I get the chance before the release I'll check the manual
and make sure they are mentioned.

> I mention this because I'm trying to test things from
> the user's point of view.  If these features are going
> to be important to users, it would be useful to put
> them where users can find them.
>
> Or ... maybe turn them on by default.  Recomputing the
> image at a rate that exceeds the refresh rate of the
> display seems kinda pointless, unless I'm overlooking
> something.

That is a fair point, but I don't think we have any easy way
to determine the refresh rate of the display.

Setting the fps throttle by default in preferences.xml might be
worthwhile. I don't have it set myself, but I believe that many
people use it to provide more consistent frame-rates.

-Stuart