Csaba wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> >
> > The patch below backs out that change. Unfortunately this means the change
> > to the cloud coverage due to changing METAR will not be reflected in the 3D
> clouds
> > (2D clouds are unaffected). Unfortunately I don't think it will be possible
> fix
> > this before the release.
>
> I personally consider that a show-stopper (unless we disable 3d clouds
> in the release).

Just to be clear:

a) The patch I provided fixes METAR interpolation.

b) However, it means that 3D clouds are not completely interpolated. A change in
cloudbase will be interpolated (quite nicely). However, a change in cloud
coverage
(including the removing or adding of layers) will _not_ have any effect.

I agree that its bad. Unfortunately I don't have time to fix it this weekend
before the
release.

If someone else wants to look, the place to start is the fgclouds.cxx code, in
particular
update_metar_properties() and update_env_config(). There is currently a split
between
fgclouds and the environment manager setting up these properties.

-Stuart