I'm noticing quite a few people on the forums with difficulty running
1.9.0 - either long delays on startup, hangs while loading scenery,
crashes or rendering issues. Some of these are certainly driver
issues, especially with ATI and the dreaded Intel chipsets. And of
course people who're having problems are the most vocal on forums :)

It does seem as if the message that 1.9.0 is a release *leading
towards* 2.0 has not been communicated very clearly outside this list,
though - I'm not sure if there's any way that could be achieved? We
need people to run the code to get feedback, obviously, but some
people seem to think that 1.0 has been 'replaced', and while that's
sort of true, I figured both would remain available in parallel until
the 2.0 timeframe.

I'd love to pitch in with tackling the problems, but I'm another
nVidia-using Unix-y person (if a slightly strange flavour of Unix ;) -
so I'm not sure what I can offer.  Suggestions welcome.

A forum post or FAQ explaining (in plain terms) how to get some useful
logging information from a crashing or hanging Windows build would
probably be a good start.

Regards,
James