On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Jon S. Berndt wrote:

> GWMobile wrote:
>
> > I just want to thank everyone here for the time and passion they've
> > poured into Flight Sim for so many years, and to let you all know that
> > every person at ACES is in awe of how much the community cares about
> > what we build."
> >
> >   It seems unlikely that Flight Simulator will go away entirely, even if
> > it means branding a Live game with the name, fans speculated. A version
> > of this post originally appeared on AppScout .
>
> I think the closure of ACES is so sad on so many fronts. It doesn't seem to
> make any sense, either.

I think it's too early to say how this will affect FlightGear other than we
are being mentioned among the remaining players in the market.  Also, I
don't believe MSFS will simply end, but it remains to be seen in what form
it re-emerges and where and how.

That said, we should be prepared for a lot of new folks at least coming and
taking a quick look at what we are doing over here, so when new faces show
up, please be welcoming and patient with them!  Some might even know a few
things about flight sim development but not be familiar with our "culture",
so again, let's be patient and welcoming.  FlightGear should be a place that
welcomes new thought and new ideas and new faces that are certain to stretch
and expand our culture.

Best regards,

Curt.
--