* Erik Hofman -- Wednesday 01 April 2009:
> Hmm, sitting in the sun today during lunch made me realize that what I'm
> really after is probably the effect of looking towards the sun in
> comparison to looking in any other direction. The Bright light of the
> sun seems to make the ambient light much darker (higher contrast).

Makes sense. Direct sun light closes the pupils and increases contrast.
This makes bright spots bearable, but less bright ones darker.

> Anyhow, Melchior seems to agree that a logarithmic effect is better than
> linear for reflections.

Yes, that last (not yet committed) patch fixed specular for me.  :-)

m.

PS: Just in case that wasn't clear: I'm not an expert in such things.
    I just compare the results in fgfs (especially the bo105/ctrl-y)
    with what I (seem to) see in RL, and try to apply some common sense.
    But often enough one's own idea of "common sense" isn't quite as
    common as one would hope. That's why I think more user input from
    others would be an advantage.