Thorsten Hackbarth wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 29.07.2009, 18:35 +0100 schrieb Jon Stockill:
>
>> Does this mean we'd be able to have real gearboxes in the vehicles we
>> already have, along with drive based on ground reaction rather than
>> faked with a jet engine?
>>

> Yes, real engine and gearbox and clutch,...
>
> you can download a patch against sundays cvs at
> http://www.gupl.org/flightgear/source.tar.bz2
> and a car at
> http://www.gupl.org/flightgear/porsche356.tar.gz
>
> It still is in a very early stage, but you should be able to drive all
> over the world (is there any other automotive sim which can do that?).

Patched and working no problem here.

It seems quite slippery once you get it up to a reasonable speed, even
on a dry runway (I guess tyre design has come a long way since the late
1940s).

I couldn't find any controls mapping anywhere - can you tell me how to
operate more than just the steering, throttle, and brakes (found by
waggling everything on the stick and throttle until it did something :-)

For those interested here's a couple of pics from a quick spin around EGXG:

http://courgette.jml.net/~jon/porsche-1.jpg
http://courgette.jml.net/~jon/porsche-2.jpg

Jon