Just a notification / warning - I'm planning to land my GPS / FMS /
route-manager re-write tomorrow (Monday). It's not perfect (yet) but
already much more usable than the previous code. I'm sure I'll regress
a few things initially, but of course I'll work through any issues
that people report.

The new code does the following:

        - extends the route manager to deal with full flight plans - a
departure and destination airport must be specified, and flight-plans
can be loaded from a property list format. In the future I'll add
support for loading flight plans in other formats (if they are
specified), such as from Kelpie.

        - extends the route manager with support for defining waypoints by
offset distance/radial from another waypoint (useful in faking SIDs/
STARs until I add support for real ones)

        (In the near future, there will also be support for airway and
possibly VOR->VOR auto routing in flight-plans)

        - the GPS code fully supports LEG (flight-plan) OBS (act like a
navradio) and DTO (direct-to) modes, and switching between them. In
OBS mode any navid or fix can be used as if it was a VOR.

        - GPS / route-manager waypoint sequencing is reliable, unlike the
previous implementation

        - the GPS supports querying for nearby waypoints by distance or ident
(and soon, by name), and then selecting them as the active DTO or OBS
waypoint. You can also step through the active flight-plan. Take
together, this allows you to use the GPS for many real world
operations, such as navigating to a IAF (look it up and DTO it), or
being cleared by ATC direct to a waypoint and then automatically
resuming LEG sequencing from that waypoint.