Anders Gidenstam wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Oct 2009, dave perry wrote:
>

>> I have --build=i686 as a switch to configure.  Where do I supply "-march="?
>>

> You set CXXFLAGS and CFLAGS (but the latter might not be needed). My
> configure line starts with:
>
> configure CFLAGS="-O2 -g -march=core2 -mfpmath=sse -Wall" CXXFLAGS="-O2 -g
> -pipe -march=core2 -mfpmath=sse -Wall"

Thanks for the reply.  I tried -march=i686 (in place of core2) as follows:
./configure CFLAGS="-O2 -g -march=athalon -mfpmath=sse -Wall"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -g -pipe -march=athalon -mfpmath=sse -Wall"
--with-jpeg-factory

and I still get the same compile errors.  I have an AMD Athalon XP 3200+
cpu.  Using athalon in place of i686 will cause the configure to abort.

Is the change to SGAtomic.cxx that causes this break really necessary?

Dave P.