In my git repositories on gitorious, http://gitorious.org/fg, I've been keeping
"master" branches that are supposed to be stable; the intent is for them to
be a kind of rolling release candidate that could be turned into a release
in short order. I've just pushed a bunch of commits to them that have been in
master
already for several weeks. At this point, the two lines of development that are
not in master at all are Eric's sound system and the new effects code for
models.
Both of these seem to be stabilizing nicely, and I expect them to be in master
in
short order.

When those are merged in, and I expect that to happen before December 1st, I
suggest
we roll those up as a real beta and start working towards a New Year's Eve
release.
I won't plan on merging anything else to the master branches before the release
except
for bug fixes.

Perhaps our New Year's resolution can be to make more frequent releases :)

Tim