On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Erik Hofman <e...@ehofman.com> wrote:
> Jacob Burbach wrote:
>> A couple observations:
>>
>> 1. Cannot adjust volume of atis(comm radios) from sound config dialog.
>
> I believe it is meant to be adjusted on the aircrafts audio panel. At
> least they are not exposed to properties which makes it difficult to
> adjust using the gui. If people think it would be a good idea it's easy
> to tie them to properties though.

Having thought about this some more, I think the comm radios should
probably belong to the avionics group rather than a new, separate
group. This way you could easily adjust all radio (nav and comm)
volumes relative to other groups, and then use the individual radio
volumes from the aircrafts audio panel(if it has one) for fine tuning
each relative to each other.

>> 2. Adjusting the volume of the comm radios causes the atis to jump to
>> a different position in her dialog...doh!
>
> I'm not sure I completely understand this, the atis (chatter) slider of
> the sound configuration panel moves with the adjustment of the aircraft
> audio panel volume?

If I adjust the volume for the radio tuned to ATIS, it will skip to a
completely different part of the speech with each adjustment. It's
seems the ATIS audio stream is getting restarted in a different
position (or maybe regenerated?) every time the comm radios volume is
adjusted. Tune a radio to ATIS, and then start adjusting that radios
volume and it should become very clear what I mean.

On another note, I have noticed some cockpit sounds change volume
randomly, as if the volume or distance changed for some unknown
reason. This is without having changed the view position and
orientation in any way. For example, in the tu154b toggling the switch
for the autopilot system will give you a short series of beeps. I can
stay in same view, toggling the switch off and on, and the volume will
often change randomly, sometimes normal, sometimes very quiet.

cheers!
--Jacob