Hello Everyone,

I have been following the list discussion for the past few days and went
through the archives to
see to what extent and exactly what FG supports in regards to ATC
simulation.

To my understanding unless there were other posts which I missed FG only
supports ATC
through the ATC plane and communication with real pilot players.

I would like to investigate the posibility of using FG as a tower simulator
that can be used to train
ATCOs.

There are numerous requirements to the above but initially it should support
the following

a) Ability to issue commands to simulated traffic.
To my understanding simulated traffic can be accomplished via the AI logic,
however there is no way to
talk to the AI module and innstruct it eg to climb/descend, change heading
etc.
b) Ability for multiple users to control a subset of the above simulated
traffic. Eg 10 aircraft in the vicinity cannot be controlled by a single
person.
c) Ability to easily create scenarios to be used for training
d) Stop/Start/Accelerate simulation
e) Ability to add traffic during the simulation
f) Simulate emergencies such as landing gear problems, engine failures etc
g) Ability to define the a/c ground movement folowing specific instructions
before after landing(guess could be part of a)
h) 360 view (supported pls confirm)
i) Tower controller (ATC a/c) should hear landing/departing a/c

I guess the above would be a start.
My intention is to investigate the possibility of using/modifying FG to
support the above.
I am willing and able to assist in the effort of modifying FG to support
some if not all of the above.
What I am asking is a fruitful discussion regarding the feasibility of the
above.
Eg Could this be accomplished via the mp server? Ie have another simulator
connecting to mp and just sending position reports? Or it would be easier to
just enhance the AI module to accept manual commands via an eg telnet
session?

Regards,
Eftychios