I'm assuming a UNIX/Linux system.

Does configure run clean? Look for libraries that it cannot find.

If that's the problem, and if you're on a linux system, you'll need to
tell configure where to find the libraries.

I usually run:

./configure --help > do.it

Add comments before every line, then at the top put

./configure

along with whatever flags configure needs.

Hope that's helpful.

ln is the linker and it is looking for the entry points to a library for
a function used in the code.

Curtis Olson wrote:
> How about
>
> ./configure --prefix=$parent
>
> Curt.
>

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 4:46 PM, John Denker <j...@av8n.com
> <mailto:j...@av8n.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/05/2010 03:17 PM, Curtis Olson wrote:
>
>     > Do you have details of the configure or make error you are
>     seeing posted
>     > somewhere?
>
>     Yes. Please take a look at
>     http://www.av8n.com/fly/fgfs/htm/bug-list.htm#bug-64bit
>
>     As it says there:
>
>     make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/games/orig/fgs/tests'
>     g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../src/Include -I/games/orig/usr/include
>     -I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -I/games/orig/usr -D_REENTRANT -MT
>     est-epsilon.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/est-epsilon.Tpo -c -o
>     est-epsilon.o est-epsilon.cxx
>     mv -f .deps/est-epsilon.Tpo .deps/est-epsilon.Po
>     g++ -g -O2 -I/games/orig/usr -D_REENTRANT -L/games/orig/usr/lib
>     -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o est-epsilon est-epsilon.o
>     -lglut -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lrt
>     -ldl -lm -losgFX -lglut -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXi
>     -lXext -lX11 -lrt -ldl -lm
>     /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -losgFX
>     collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
>     The problem is not confined to the tests/ directory.
>     If I let the make continue, there will be numerous errors.
>     Basically every "ld" step fails.
>
>     Additional root-cause analysis can be found on the
>     aforementioned web page.
>
>     If you need more details than that, please let me know.

>     The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
>     Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in
>     the business
>     Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term
>     contracts
>     Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a phone
>     call away.
>     http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com
>

> --
> Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/
> <http://baron.flightgear.org/%7Ecurt/>

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com

“I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think
the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but
leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed
in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor,
the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the
contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and
became richer.”

– Ben Franklin