On 02/16/2010 11:27 AM, Curtis Olson wrote:

> Here's one possible idea.  Why not whip together a replacement front page
> and maybe a sample sub-page, put it in a temporary location, and we can take
> a look.

That's a great idea.

Taking the next step along that road, it would be
nice to bring up an alpha-test version of the entire
FG web site.  We are currently alpha-testing the
executables and the data tree;  why not alpha-test
the web site?  There are dozens, maybe hundreds of
changes that need to be made, to make the web site
conform to the 2.0.0 release.

Specific suggestion: as a starting point, how about
copying the whole tree to a subdirectory such as
  http://www.flightgear.org/2.0.0/

and then updating the files on that branch one by
one.

Also cvs.flightgear.org needs some TLC.