Hi,

> Hi Guys
> I think you will find on all Boeing aircraft if the
> elevator is out of neutral
> for a set amount of time the horizontal stabilizer runs to
> return the elevator to
> the null position.Hence retriming the aircraft.Hence the
> name stabilizer trim
> I think also you will find that the tab on the elevator is
> not
> a trim tab but moves in the opposite direction to the
> elevator movement.

The tabs are to support the movements of the control surfaces and in the case
there is no hydraulic pressure anymore. With other words- when no hydraulic
only the small tabs are moved so due to the aerodynamic forces the whole
control surface is moving in the opposite way. No idea if JSBSim can simulate
this.

Only at older jets, the newer ones has another system for hydraulic backup in
case of emergency.

The whole stabilizer is the pitch trim. Before start the aircraft has to be
trimmed according to CoG. Without the aircraft would never rotate at the given
Vr. At low weight; low speed, aft CoG and some more conditions the 737 uses a
so called Auto-speedtrim which is twice as fast as the usual Autotrim and
electric trim.

I was now able to make the Autotrim,(run the elevator to zero-position)
Autospeedtrim is still missing yet.

My question to JSBSim- folks here:
Is JSBSim able to to simulate the forces of the whole stabilizer trim? I used
the usual trim for the 737-300, but have problems to match the settings
according to the the real one ( I have already found a table wich shows me the
angle of the stab related to the trim settings)

Cheers
Heiko

Massenmails.
http://mail.yahoo.com