Does anyone have information on aircraft displayed as C1 and C2 on the mpmap?

These two user names were on the Salt Flats for quite a long time, using a jeep
as an aircraft, 5 ft off the deck.  They have now been repositioned in
Virginia, at 36.61231, -79.341052, both as C172p's, and about 3300 feet.  (Just
off 02 Departure path from KDAN)

The reason I ask is while I didn't notice it quite as much with the jeeps, if
you fly near the 172's it will stall any helicopter flight, as my framerate
when from 30+ to 1.  From more of a distance you will see the fv drop when
looking at them, but as you get close it kills it, even with a j3 cub.  Is
someone testing some extremely high polygon count aircraft, or what's going on?
 ORLY hurts my frame rate, but nothing like these two 172's do.

Thanks,
Peter