I've found some spare hardware to run the build server (Hudson) on, and it
seems bearable for me, but I suspect less pleasant for people on the other end
of my cable connection.

The good news - thanks to some great documentation from Fred, the Windows build
is stable, using MSVC no less. You can grab a fgfs.exe (and .pdb) from any
successful build, and it should 'just work', if you drop it into a current 2.0
install. Future work on some improved packaging of these builds will follow.

The better news - all three platforms are now green (i.e, building correctly),
and should update reliably (naturally I'll be monitoring that). At present, I
get emailed when a build breaks, and when it goes green again. If desired, I
can add a mailing list or other individual addresses to the email
notifications. Given our commit rate, I'm not sure if it warrants a new mailing
list or not - it depends how often we break the build :)

Another step is to email committers directly when they break the build - which
I shall be experimenting with. If you're a commiter to FG or SG, you may see
some odd emails (from 'me', initially, until we setup a
buildser...@flightgear.org address).

James