> When I built OSG (from the latest SVN ) using  Cmake  I did not include
> tiff
> libraries. The net result was a similar error message to yours when I
> tried
> to use a tiff texture file. Also all my panels were white.
>
> I replaced the tiff file with a png equivalent (as used by many FG
> aircraft
> models) and both the error message disappeared and my cockpit textures
> re-appeared.
>
> Hence my reply. It may be that an OSG plugin may be the solution under
> Linux/Cygwin, but with Windows the option was required at OSG�s
> Cmake/compilation time .
>
> Alan

OK, I tried this again under a Windows command window. Even after copying all
of the dlls, etc., into the FlightGear executable directory, I still get tons
of errors, until finally getting a core dump (see below). I do have all of the
OSG DLLs, OpenAL, etc., which were installed during the process.

I have a sneaking suspicion that somehow I do not have my paths (PATH
environment variable, or whatever) set up correctly. Is there an easy way to
check that? I do see that there is an osgPlugin-2.9.7/ subdirectory under the
OpenSceneGraph/bin/ directory. Is that supposed to be in the PATH, as well? I
added it, but it seemed to have no effect.

Jon

C:\cygwin\home\jon\flightgear>FlightGear\projects\VC90\Win32\Release\fgfs
--fg-root=c:\cygwin\home\jon\flightgear\fgdata
Processing command line arguments
using aircraft-dir
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/c172p/splash.png
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file
"c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/c172p/splash.png".
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file
"c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Fonts/Helvetica.txf".
... etc. ...
using aircraft-dir
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/c172p/c172-sound.xml
using aircraft-dir
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/c172p/Models/c172p.xml
Failed to load model: Failed to load 3D model:
        from:Aircraft/c172p/Models/c172p.xml
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file
"C:\cygwin\home\jon\flightgear\fgdata\Textures\Sky\overcast.png".
... etc. ...
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file
"C:\cygwin\home\jon\flightgear\fgdata\Textures\Sky\outer_halo.png".
using FG_ROOT
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/Generic/generic-systems.xml
using FG_ROOT
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/Generic/Panels/generic-vfr-panel.xml
using FG_ROOT
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/Generic/Panels/Textures/panel-bg.rgb
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file
"c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/Generic/Panels/Textures/panel-bg.rgb".
using FG_ROOT
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/Generic/Panels/Textures/generic-panel-01.rgb
... etc. ...
Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file
"c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Fonts/typewriter.txf".
using FG_ROOT
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/Instruments/Textures/od_wxradar.rgb
... etc. ...
init contrail
*** NEW LOCATION ***
using aircraft-dir
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/c172p/Nasal/liveries.nas
... etc. ...
using aircraft-dir
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/c172p/Nasal/ki266.nas
KI266 dme indicator #0 initialized
using aircraft-dir
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/c172p/Nasal/c172-electrical.nas
using FG_ROOT
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/Generic/kap140.nas
using aircraft-dir
for:c:/cygwin/home/jon/flightgear/fgdata/Aircraft/c172p/Nasal/kr87.nas
creating 3D noise texture... DONE
failed to load effect texture file
C:\cygwin\home\jon\flightgear\fgdata\Textures\Terrain\water.png
... etc. ...
failed to load effect texture file
C:\cygwin\home\jon\flightgear\fgdata\Textures\Terrain\water-lake.png
Failed to load model: Failed to load 3D model:
        from:Models/Maritime/Civilian/ContainerShip.xml
Failed to load model: Failed to load 3D model:
        from:Models/Maritime/Civilian/SailBoatUnderSail.xml
failed to load effect texture file
C:\cygwin\home\jon\flightgear\fgdata\Textures\Trees\coniferous-summer.png
Failed to load model: Failed to load 3D model:
        from:Models/Communications/radio-medium.xml
failed to load effect texture file
C:\cygwin\home\jon\flightgear\fgdata\Textures.high\Terrain\deciduous1.png
Failed to load object Models/Buildings/factory.ac

*** segfault here ***