On Sunday 05 September 2010 05:26:33 James Turner wrote:
> On 5 Sep 2010, at 11:29, Alan Teeder wrote:
> > All runs until I attempt Auto Engine Start from the Lightning
> > Configuration menu, when fgfs crashes.
> >
> > If I restore the original Lightning aircraft directory in FGROOT, even
> > after starting up fgfs, but before attempting the engine start,
> > everything runs OK.
> >
> > Hope this give you enough to go on.
>
> Ouch!
>
> This should be enough to reproduce, I'll post back here once I see what's
> going on.
>
> James

Hi James,

I tried this feature yesterday... My $FG_ROOT is in the standard debian place
(/usr/share/games/FlightGear), but I did not have the fokker100 aircraft
installed in $FG_ROOT

$fgfs --aircraft-dir=/home/jentron/fg/fgdata/Aircraft/fokker100
--aircraft=fokker100
Cannot find specified aircraft: fokker100
Config option parsing failed ...

requires a valid fokker100 in $FG_ROOT and then will switch to the specified
path for some things

The -set file and everything it includes come from fgroot.

So, I copied the -set file, and its includes to $FG_ROOT and tried again:

loadxml:
reading
'/home/jentron/fg/fgdata/Aircraft/fokker100/Models/Liveries/KoreanAir.xml'
denied (unauthorized access)

Nasal is forbidden from reading outside of a few specified directories, so a
modification (at least locally) to Nasal/IOrules is needed.  I don't think it
would be desirable to make $HOME globally readable.  Looking at IOrules there
is an $FG_AIRCRAFT.  Should '--aircraft=' set that variable?

Fatal error: Failed to load wav file: I/O error
at /usr/share/games/FlightGear/Aircraft/fokker100/Sounds/altitude-10.wav