On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:56:41 +0000 (UTC), Martin wrote in message
<ihor4p$ls0k$1...@osprey.mgras.de>:

> Chris,
> I think the benefit of having sort of a VATSIM-interface or -bridge
> for FlightGear is pretty much unquestioned, therefore I'll leave these
> details out. The point is a completely different one and probably
> consist of just two simple parts:
>
> 1.) Like probably almost every other OpenSource projects, FlightGear
> attracts its developer "crowd" (some would call it "community") by the
> features which are specific to OpenSource development in general: Free
> access to the source code, multiple people working more or less
> collaboratively on the same part/feature, shared responsibility and
> certainly a lot more.
> This is fundamentally different from the development model you'd be
> forced into after signing an NDA: The NDA would presumably make almost
> every flavour of collaboration and peer-review impossible and the
> respective developer would end up as the sole responsible person for
> interfacing a variety of different FlightGear versions on a colourful
> bouquet of different platforms. Doesn't sound too attractive ....

..and then there is the litigation risk, if you don't read
nor sign any NDA, you can not violate that agreement.

..if you do sign a NDA, you risk having to hire an expensive
contract law lawyer to try convince a pro-business judge that
you the "progressive pro-community hobbyist hacker" did not
do what that big business law team _claims_ you did.

..http://groklaw.net/ has _several_ such stories, where even
Big Blue has been stuck for over 7 years in US courts.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: