On 29 Jan 2011, at 01:30, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> ..found this wee snippet in my console output:
> r300: ERROR: FS input generic 17 unassigned, not enough hardware slots.

Well, that might explain some if the shader problems you are seeing.

My guess is that "FS" stands for Fragment Shader and your graphics card "only"
has support for 16 generic input variables, while the shader is trying to
assign a 17th. Behaviour in that case is undefined but it looks like your card
is trying to execute the shader anyway.

Just a guess though.

-Stuart