I'd Certainly make a case at least for using .dds files with bc5 compression
for normalmaps. We lose(?) the alpha channel in the normalmap, but  the
quality difference is huge.
This needs a small tweak to the shader code: the normal extracted from the
normalmap needs to be flipped.
Maybe a parameter like the <reflection map> one, that if set true means we're
using .dds bc5 and thus the normal needs to be flipped ?