On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 8:26 AM,  Thorsten Renk wrote:
> gives me almost what I want - except that I don't actually see
> deciduous-summer, I see mixed-summer! It doesn't remotely matter what
> <tree-texture> or <tree-varieties> I specify, I get the same output -
> although Flightgear responds correctly to changes of other properties in
> this section.
>
> Evergreen needle trees look decidedly strange on rice fields!
>
> Is this a bug or an obsolete tag? Where else is the texture sheet for
> trees chosen?

It's a bug.

I'm pretty sure the problem is that only a single set of forest
settings (including texture)
are being applied to a single tile. Specifically in the
computeRandomForest function in
simgear/scene/tgdb/obj.cxx a static randomForest is being configured
for the tile.

I think that instead of a single randomForest variable being set, it
should be a list of textures and
points, which are then passed in turn to the createForest() on line 646.

I may get the chance to look at this next week, but if anyone wants to
get there first... ;)

-Stuart