Hi Gaurav,

For questions specific to JSBSim code, you might also ask on the jsbsim
mailing list (details at www.jsbsim.org) -- although I'm sure several of the
developers are subscribe to both flightgear and jsbsim devel lists.

One other thought if you want to avoid changing C++ code or you wish to
support versions of FlightGear that are already released, is that you might
be able to create a simple battery model using Nasal (flightgear's embedded
scripting language.)  You could perhaps limit maximum throttle position
based on the output of your battery simulation to simulate the what happens
as your battery is used up (or to simulate an aging battery, etc.)

I know batteries are pretty complex if you dig into them, but you could
probably hack something simple really quickly that would get you 90% of the
way there and cover most of the situations you would be concerned about.

Curt.

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Gaurav Tendolkar <grvtendol...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am modelling an battery powered electric motor MAV.
> In JSBsim the battery does not discharge.
>
> 00178 FGElectric::CalcFuelNeed(void)00179 {00180   return 0;00181 }
>
> now i want to write a code where fuel is the power supplied by battery.
> by knowing the total stored energy we will calculate time to discharge.
>
> How do i make the changes to the code come to effect in flightgear ?

Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/
http://www.flightgear.org - http://gallinazo.flightgear.org