On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 2:24 PM, grth_team wrote:
> The answer from these devel team persons, was a joke, at least to us,
> they said "we will include your project with FG 2.6"  ( February ?),
> they probably make fun of us ( do you consider newbee are not serious
> ?).

As one of the people who originally replied to the forum
post regarding an update to the Catalina, I should respond to this.

It certainly was not my intention to make fun of you, nor to make a joke.

> That model will be again not consistent , how will be FG 2.6 ? we
> don't know.
> In spite of the good level of our team,  nobody here is able to answer
> that question, even if we are studying carefully the progress on
> JSBSim-devel ( congratulation to the jsbsim team ).
>
> Don't tell us we can work and update in parallel since testing a model
> is ever BEHIND a WORKING FG program.

The Catalina update is quite a significant change. However, once it is
applied after the 2.4.0 release, any further updates to keep it in sync
with the upcoming 2.6.0 release will be minor, and therefore appropriate
up until a much later point in the release cycle.

> We don't mind the lost of "our fives persons" time spent  on the
> Catalina, since we can learn from it.
> We have learnt we must not contribute to GPL update within FG, since
> the FG team answers does not convince us to contribute, we do not want
> to waste time.

I'm very sorry you feel this way. Fortunately most FG developers do not,
otherwise FG would cease to exist.

-Stuart

PS: I'll copy this response to the Forums.