On 26/08/2011 12:29, flightgear-devel-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:44:57 +0200
> From: Paul Guhl <ad...@simtechnologies.de>
> Subject: [Flightgear-devel] Content protection for modders?
> To: flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> not sure if this discussion arose before... From what i have seen so
> far, all usable 3d formats for aircraft/building models are either ASCII
> text or reversible/convertible formats. Mod developers told me, that
> they would wish close format for 3d models which would prevent reverse
> engineering of the content they create for free. I feel it is a legitim
> wish and would invite more modelers to join the FlightGear project.
>
> Is it legal to provide closed source plug-in to FlightGear (more exact
> OSG file reader plug-in). The only need to keep code close is the
> prevention of reverse engineering.
>
> Thoughts, suggestions?
>
> Best Regards
> Paul
Hey Paul,

Personally, I am firmly convinced that the best way to protect
themselves against con artists is not data protection. have Original
models still more and better quality every day without ever ceasing
Inova can still be a major advance on all those who would rob us.

In computing, the protections do not exist. At most, this slows down
piracy. But by no means complete protection is possible.

Example, I currently have 192 models in my shed (164 are already on
GIT). And for each of them I leave available to anyone who wants the
files Blender. If tomorrow, someone would steal one or more models, it
does not matter I would do more. :)

Regards. Emmanuel

--
BARANGER Emmanuel