I don't know the specific answer in this case, but it does illustrate one of
the surpreme challenges in mixing different gis databases ... you end up
with information from different sources, adhering to different standards,
appropriate for different scales, using different datums, different
surveying techniques etc.  Sometimes manually processed or manually
entered/created, processed in different ways, etc. etc.

Asking a cartographer "where is it?" is just about as difficult a question
as asking an astronomer "what time is it?"

Curt.

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 5:54 PM, HB-GRAL wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Unfortunately I just run into another problem with my map.
>
> This is what I see on my currently generated map using 8.10 taxiway data
> and 8.50 runway data (this is no reference and a crude mixup of course,
> I apologize in adnvance):
> http://maptest.fgx.ch/screens/mapping.png
>
> But now, I discovered something really strange. I was looking to
> different maps while exploring this area with FLightGear.
>
> This is what I see in with recent terrasynced scenery:
> http://maptest.fgx.ch/screens/flightgear.png
>
> This is the same position on mpmap02 server:
> http://maptest.fgx.ch/screens/google.png
>
> This is exactly the same position on OSM:
> http://maptest.fgx.ch/screens/openstreetmap.png
>
> I am just curious why FlightGear and OSM have the same "accurate"
> position, and Google map shows another one.
>
> I am sure, there are different problems, but some enlightenment will be
> greatly appreciated here.
>
> Beside of that, where does this inexisting taxiway to the left come from
> ? Is this a FlightGear feature ? Something like
> "we-have-no-taxiways-so-there-is-probably-one-to-the-left" ?
>
> Cheers, Yves

Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/
http://www.flightgear.org - http://gallinazo.flightgear.org