Am 25.09.11 09:36, schrieb Erik Hofman:
> On Sat, 2011-09-24 at 15:29 +0200, Frederic Bouvier wrote:
>>> It would be nice if Tim Moore could also fix the fog/skydome
>>> misalignment he introduced.
>>
>> It's a bit harsh as the previous code was also buggy
>
> It wasn't meant to be harsh but the old code worked for more than 10
> years. Some problem only arose when the water reflection shader was
> introduced.
>
> Erik

Hi Erik

It was me introducing the new water shader (while the old one can still
be used by the quality level slider, right?). There have been some
problems with sun/view angle a longer period and as I remember Tim fixed
this once. I was off and I didnt find time to check this changes, and I
dont find the time recently to improve the code because I am engaged in
other things.

So when someone wants to jump in you are welcome anytime. Otherwise, it
is temporary, because of our different terrain engine, our limited
lights/shadows etc. Means, the "extended" water shader is a combination
of a very simple water shader example and some stuff used for another
project: http://dangerdeep.sourceforge.net

To be clear, there was no intention to bring something in here for the
next ten years. But I am sure you will improve it in this direction.

Cheers, Yves