Am 07.10.2011 08:55, schrieb thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi:
>> Hmm - after double-checking, it looks good to me.
>
>> Checked with running --prop:/environment/terrain/area[0]/enabled=1
>
> That seems to be the key, thanks. Works fine if I set the property on
> startup in the commandline, doesn't work if I don't. We used to have a
> state where it wasn't necessary to set it in the command line any more -
> so something there might have changed (?).

In the initialization sequence of the environment subsystem, a
terrainsample instance is created for each "area" node under
/environment/terrain (you can have as many areas sampled as you like).
However, these nodes have to be there during subsystem-init. Maybe you
create it from Nasal which probably initializes later?
If that worked before - I have no idea what might have changed to break
it for you. The last nontrivial update on the terrainsampler was in
August 2010.

Torsten