On 19.11.2011 19:46, Martin Spott wrote:
> One (more) thing comes into my mind: Didn't the simple act of opening a
> dialogue or just the menu already cause a performance hit !?;-)

Everything has a performance impact :).
But indeed, opening a GUI dialog triggers a noticeable delay. It's not
too bad though, as long you don't open/close dialogs every other second...

Only dialogs which regularly trigger a full redraw (using Nasal timers)
cause significant issues. The performance dialog uses "live" properties,
so no dialog redraw is required while it stays open. Only the "sort"
button triggers a full redraw, hence a jitter. This is why the sort is
triggered with a manual button so far, rather than by a periodic timer -
the latter had completely spoiled statistics.

cheers,
Thorsten