On 20.11.2011 11:52, Gijs de Rooy wrote:
> The problem right now is that some of the shaders (eg. the reflection
>  stuff and lightmap) only depend on that single "Material Shaders"
> property. It would be better if every single shader can be
> en/disabled via its own property/checkbox.
>
> But then we might end up with a pretty large rendering dialog...

I already find the current dialog a bit overloaded. But how about
creating an advanced, separate dialog which lists all the shaders and
provides a checkbox for each? And all shaders should be modified to
check the main switch (/sim/rendering/shader-effects) plus at least one
additional switch property?

MIght also be a good idea to structure the shader switches a bit and
move them to a separate place, i.e.
/sim/rendering/shaders/enable (main switch)
/sim/rendering/shaders/forrest-effect
/sim/rendering/shaders/water-effect
/sim/rendering/shaders/reflection-effect
/sim/rendering/shaders/skydome-effect

Seems like anyone with an ASCII editor could help on this one. More
ideas? Volunteers? :)

cheers,
Thorsten