Gijs de Rooy wrote:

> Next to that there are some typos/faults in current Git with respect to
> shader-properties, so it is possible
> that some shaders are accidentally still enabled. I'm preparing a commit that
> fixes quite some bugs, hope
> to push it today. But you can already test it via
> https://gitorious.org/fg/fgdata/merge_requests/124

As far as I can tell there's still a functional gap in the current
implementation of shader control.  When I start FlightGear with:

  --prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/quality-level=0

.... (that's what is controlled by the slider, correct ?) then I still
get the full truckload of shaders, despite the fact that the slider is
on the left, the "Rendering options" menu says "(0)" and "Adjust he
slider to enable shaders" and the "Experimental effects" is greyed out.
The "Shader Options" sub-menue confirms that all the shaders are still
active.

Disabling the shaders requires moving the slider forth and back at
runtime in order to take effect - that's inconsistent, I'd say  ;-)

Cheers,
        Martin.

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011