On Sun, 5 Feb 2012 00:29:56 -0500, Tim wrote in message
<CAGFQzCQ91bL4U5TE2n5tEohRMv2eFF3A8fgAaGf3kZ40Ja_m=w...@mail.gmail.com>:

> Hi.  I'm trying to BuildFlight gear and have many issues. To begin the
> process I went to the GIT repository for the FlightGear project and
> eventually found my way to
> FlightGear/flightgear/release2.4.0/doc-mini/. Then, I followed the
> instructions for 32-bit as stated in README.MSVC. When I open the
> MSVC solution file Visual C++ 2008 Express loads 14 different
> projects, which aren't mentioned in the instructions.  However,
> continuing with the instructions I changed 'Debug' to 'Release' and
> clicked Build->Build Solution.  The build starts with SimGear and
> stops when a message stating 'Microsoft c/c++ Optimization Compiler
> has stopped working.'  Then I turned off the optimization under
> properties and the problem continues to occur.  Sometimes I get the
> blue screen and have to restart.  I tried the same procedures
> building FlightGear only and have the same problems.  Do you have any
> idea what's going on?

.._no_, I'm a GNU/Linux guy. ;o)

..the guys who _might_ know, will probably want to see your build
logs on your build log website.

..and do heed Olav's advice, hardware with problems developing,
will kill data even on GNU/Linux with the badram patch applied,
that patch still needs an accurate and fresh map to navigate
around on bad ram sticks.

> I'm using Windows 7 64-bt but building for 32-bit.

..if you want to run FG on your 64bit Wintendo 7, my _guess_ is
you want to build a 64bit FlightGear.  One way to prove me wrong,
is show me your 32bit build runs faster and better than e.g. FG's
official 64bit release. ;o)

> If you could provide any recommendations that would be great.  My
> ultimate goal is to build FlightGear 2.4.0 nearly the same as the
> binary that is provided on the FlightGear website.

..why, we have FG-2.6.0 out in a coupla weeks now.

..to e.g. verify the build process and all the built binary file
checksums?
Now _that_ would be useful in e.g. copyright law enforcement.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: