On Sat, 2012-03-03 at 07:25 -0600, Curtis Olson wrote:

> I agree that we should merge the project rembrandt work sooner rather
> than later.  However, we should also take some time and effort to make
> sure Thorsten's sky/haze/horizon effects are accounted for as well.  I
> don't know what issues we will find when trying to merge these two
> efforts, but they both need to be considered together.

Personally I would think adding Project Rembrandt will call for
FlightGear version 3.0. So if it is added I would create two branches,
version 3.0 and version 2.7 in which the later is switched to bug fixes
only.

If 3.0 turns out to require more time than expected (I probably know the
answer to that one) then there's always a really stable version 2.8
which can be released.

Erik