Hi,

in preparation to the introduction of Rembrandt in the main branch, we should
ensure that effect will be compatible with the current renderer. For that, I
added a new property to preferences.xml and modified Effects/model-default.eff
to test this new property. It will be also available to animations to, for
example, conditionally select the fake shadow when the current renderer is in
action.

So may I ask a kind soul with write access to the data repository, or capable
of submitting a merge request, to review all effect files and add the test of
the new property to every technique of every effect, and add a new predicate to
technique not having one for the moment. The code snippet to add to an existing
predicate is :

     <predicate>
       <and>
+        <not>
+          <property>/sim/rendering/rembrandt</property>
+        </not>
         <property>/sim/rendering/shaders/generic</property>
         <or>

The code snippet to add a new predicate is :

   </technique>
     <technique n="11">
 +     <predicate>
 +       <not>
 +         <property>/sim/rendering/rembrandt</property>
 +       </not>
 +     </predicate>
       <pass>
         <lighting>true</lighting>

As an example, I modified Effects/model-default.eff :
https://gitorious.org/fg/fgdata/commit/e9fbd620bb71e94d6589a15be1448511f21bacb6

Thank you

-Fred
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Project_Rembrandt