flightg...@sablonier.ch wrote:

> I know about this inconsistencies, and this of course the core of the
> problem. When flightgear reads from one updated scenery source and from
> one corresponding data source we wont run into the same problems anymore,

I think that's true, but really hard to achieve.  Especially now that
private, isolated sceneries are popping up everywhere, decoupling the
Scenery from the Base Package is probably more important than ever
before - even if it's just for the sake of preserving Base Package
maintainers' nerves from wearing thin ....  ;-)

Cheers,
        Martin.