On 11 May 2012, at 19:59, Anders Gidenstam wrote:

> It doesn't solve the bigger problem of the current Nasal GC needing to
> run uninterrupted and in mutual exclusion - but I see very few GC runs in
> the main loop here (the patch prints "** Nasal GC in main thread **"
> in the console when that happens) except during startup.
>
> IIRC it does not report when a main loop Nasal context has to
> wait for the GC thread to finish a GC pass but I could look into adding
> that when I have time - it would be interesting to know.
>
> As far as I know the code has not been tested on Windows.

I'd be happy to add this, especially made conditional at runtime (which looks
possible)

One comment is, it would be nice to use the SimGear locking / thread
primitives, but that's a pretty trivial change.

I did look at incremental GC for Nasal last year, but couldn't find a 'simple
enough' generational algorithm. Still happy for someone else to try - the Nasal
GC interface is very clean and self-contained, so quite easy to experiment with
different GC schemes.

James