Hi,

I'm currently working on a 2D drawing API. The basic idea is to draw
arbitrary 2D shapes and text to a texture and place this texture on some
model in the scene (eg. display, HUD,...). This so called canvas should
be controlled only by using the property tree.

Currently it is possible to draw text, transform it, change style and
all of this through the property tree. I have also added an experimental
Nasal API which provides an object orientated wrapper around the
property tree interface to the canvas.

The code is already include into flightgear/next, but some fixes and the
Nasal API are waiting to be merged into flightgear and fgdate respectively.

I have already tested many scenarios but it would be great if you can
try it out on your own and report bugs or provide some feedback :)

Please see http://wiki.flightgear.org/Canvas_Properties for more details.

Thanks,
Tom

--