On Friday 29 June 2012 12:13:31 Edheldil wrote:
> On 06/28/2012 05:31 PM, Heiko Schulz wrote:
> > I have no idea how to communicate it or present it.
> > That's why I hoped that we maybe can have all three skydome variants
> > selectable. So we would have the default skydome, the skydome shader and
> > the Lightfield/Haze aka Atmospheric shader selectable. That would have
> > made it easily to present different developement stages and performance
> > requirements to the user.
> Maybe a less strict approach would be a solution, then? Let selecting a
> "rendering mode" set some sane combination of shaders and give user
> freedom to change them, but display red warning in the shader dialog
> that the combination may create problems.
>
> Edheldil

That's not an option. There is no independent "skydome shader" anymore. This
whole confusion is generated by it being left enabled in 2.6. It shouldn't
have been, and we should not perpetuate that mistake.
There's only the default sky that works together with the "normal" shaders ,
or the Atmospheric scattering stuff which supersedes the old "skydome shader".
The Atmospheric scattering is a whole set of shaders, that interact to give a
seamless horizon, and much more...
They replace all other shaders when enabled, that's hardcoded in the effects,
and it needs to be otherways it wouldn't work. So you'd end up with a dialog
full of sliders that do nothing...

There is a red warning in the dialog, anouncing to users that by enabling the
Atmosperic stuff will lead to much of the shaders being replaced.

(Of course on top of this there's Rembrandt, with its own set of shaders and
issues.)

Regards,
Emilian