I know this has been brought up before, but it's been a while so I'll bring
it up again.

I have a need to run Nasal code at the same rate as the simulation.
Currently, without modifying the source code for FlightGear, the only way
to do this is to find a property updated at the right time in the
simulation cycle and set a listener on it. From a code quality standpoint,
this is less than ideal.

There is a thread on the forums discussing this at
http://flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=17069#p164697. In this
thread, a couple of viable ideas are discussed. These ideas are:

1) Run a second events system and add an additional parameter to Nasal's
settimer allowing you to use this new events system. Hooray has already
created a patch for this (in the linked thread).

2) Add in a signal that is fired each simulation step, probably right
before the Autopilot system is run.

At this point, I am unsure which to pursue. Which method do you find to be
better?

Thank you,
Johnathan Van Why