I've managed to adapt the model ubershader for Atmospheric Light Scattering in
the last few days. The results look pretty nice (performance consumption is
probably not so nice though):

http://users.jyu.fi/~trenk/pics/IAR80-sunrise.jpg

So now we can have atmospheric light scattering skydome, ground fog, sunrise
light and in addition nice airplane reflection and bump effects. The files are
now with Emilian for some more testing, but should appear on GIT soon.

The fine print is: This is the *only* model shader effect I will support
because maintaining the framework is a lot of work, and every shader adds to
the load. This isn't a limitation for what we can do, as model-combined.eff
can, as far as I know, do everything one would like to do with a model, i.e. it
has reflection map, dirt map, normal map and light map.

But it means airplane creators have to use this effect rather than reflect.eff
or reflect-bump-spec.eff (or what other combinations we have) for this to work,
so if the plane doesn't declare model-combined.eff, it will still not work in
atmospheric light scattering.

Even for planes which do declare this effect, normal mapping still requires to
generate tangents and binormals, and the <generate> tag resides airplane-side.
So airplane-side, a <generate>-statement with a technique number 4 has to be
added as well (apparently it can't be done effect side as FG crashes when the
mapping is not properly defined, I don't know details).

So, like Rembrandt, making model shading work in Atmospheric Light Scattering
requires action from airplane maintainers, I can't do all that's needed, and it
doesn't work out of the box. Please consider updating airplanes as soon as the
shader arrives on GIT!

* Thorsten