On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:18:14 +0100, mer...@centrum.cz wrote in message
<20130126161814.7b021...@centrum.cz>:

> Hello,
> with current Git version of Flightgear, i'm experiencing textures
> bug. See screenshots. http://www.imagehosting.cz/?v=fgfsscreen.jpg
> http://www.imagehosting.cz/?v=fgfsscumu.jpg
> http://www.imagehosting.cz/?v=fgfsscxcx.jpg
> http://www.imagehosting.cz/?v=fgfssccic.jpg
>
> I tried many combinations of Rendering options and some commandline
> options without success.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 with radeon driver.

..first verify you have _all_ the firmware this driver needs,
on Debian we need firmware-linux-nonfree for the KMS stuff,
Ubuntu is similar. E.g. dpkg -l |grep firmware-linux

..later, you are also able to test with the radeonhd and fglrx
drivers and post the output and pix of FG runs with those
drivers, to help pinpoint the bug you found.  These latter 2
drivers require you disable KMS, and possibly even a reboot.

> I tried two different graphic cards with the same result.
> RV630 [Radeon HD 3600 Series]
> Cape Verde PRO [Radeon HD 7700 Series]
>
> $ ./run_fgfs.sh --version
> FlightGear version: 2.11.0
> Revision: 11f15a9b36ef3ca8e1bdc53b52e9e7f316ccc102
> Build-Id: none
> FG_ROOT=/media/mermar/aaa/fgfs/install/fgfs/fgdata
> FG_HOME=/home/mermar/.fgfs
> FG_SCENERY=
> SimGear version: 2.11.0
> PLIB version: 185
>
> There are no error messages in the console.
>
> With version 2.6 from Ubuntu repository, I'v got the same wrong
> output.
>
> Version 2.4 worked fine.

..does it (FG-2.4) _still_ work fine?

..if you no longer have it installed, you should be able to
install it adding a deb line from whichever older version
Ubuntu you had when you had FG-2.4, and install FG-2.4 with
e.g. "aptitude -t experimental install flightgear" (modify
as you see fit, experimental -> your old Ubuntu version),
and test it with your current Ubuntu's radeon, radeonhd
and fglrx drivers.

> Is there something I can do to fix this? Or can someone please help
> me?

..first, the exact commandline you use to start FG,
then the output from that commandline in that xterm.
If this is a radeon bug, the radeon team will have
a bunch of things they want you to do.
Do you have reportbug installed?  If not, install
it now, e.g. "reportbug radeon" gives you a nice
intro guide on writing bug reports.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: