On 7 Feb 2013, at 10:08, Renk Thorsten <thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi> wrote:

> I think I understand the problem, because there's a second bugfix having to
> do with water later on the master branch, so presumably if I would have
> pushed the changes to both branches right away it wouldn't have made any
> problems, but I don't know how to resolve this properly now. Should I simply
> checkout the files from master I need rather than cherry-pick? Or edit them?
> Does that matter for the history in the end?
>
> Sorry, I don't want to mess up the release branch, and I would much
> appreciate a helping hand here.

Commits you cherry-pick should be atomic if possible, it sounds as if you have
two commits you need to pick, since one depends on the other?

If both are applicable for the release branch, then it's fine, simply pick them
both. If only the second one is, you have a problem, and really need to edit
the commit when cherry-picking, so that it works against the files in the
2.10.0 branch.

I'm happy to do mechanical work here (and have been, in general), but I can't
separate inter-dependant commits when picking, only the author can / should do
that.

James