Maybe something has already been tweaked between v2.8 and v2.10.  After I
manually removed the simgear/version.h file it did not come back again --
so maybe we will be in good shape for future releases.

I noticed that simgear/version.h (along with all the other build time
files) are explicitely listed in the .gitignore files throughout simgear.

Here is me wondering out loud: If we *strongly* recommend out of source
builds, maybe it would make sense to *not* list build files in the
.gitignore so they clearly show up as an anomoly.  Previously when I did a
git status, it showed a pristine git tree on the 2.10 branch with no
changes or differences -- but the problem was hidden because of the
.gitignore file.

I found the "git status --ignored" command which shows ignored files, but
this is a lot of manual messing around to have to remember every 6 months
-- especially when 6 months is about the shelf life of remember specific
details on how or what I've done in the past if haven't repeated it since.
:-)

Anway, I have updated the source files on the ftp server and hopefully we
are ok for this release now.

Curt.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Erik Hofman <e...@ehofman.com> wrote:

> On 02/18/2013 04:08 PM, Erik Hofman wrote:
> > On 02/18/2013 04:04 PM, James Turner wrote:
> >> Hmm, I don't think it matter *how* you write the file:
> PROJECT_BINARY_DIR seems like the correct place based on my understand of
> cmake. I could be wrong of course, but it makes more sense to me than
> CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR.
> >
> > You seem to be correct, when doing a make package_source I see
> > simgear-2.11.0/build/simgear/version.h
> >
> > More investigation to do
>
> I suspect:
>
> set(HEADERS compiler.h constants.h sg_inlines.h
> ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/simgear/version.h)
>
> is the culprit.
>
> Erik
>
> --
> http://www.adalin.com
> - Hardware accelerated AeonWave and OpenAL for Windows and Linux

> is your hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly
> thought
> leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials, tech docs,
> whitepapers, evaluation guides, and opinion stories. Check out the most
> recent posts - join the conversation now.
> http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/
http://www.flightgear.org - http://gallinazo.flightgear.org