A couple of evenings ago, while playing around with the SenecaII at my
home airport (EGPF),
I noticed a small, but annoying discrepancy between the magnetic compass
and the runway
heading.  Having had a look at how the slaved directional gyro in the
Seneca works, it dawned
on me that I had no idea how the magnetic compass works in FG. A little
rooting around led
me to simgear/magvar/coremag.?xx and the wonderful world of "The World
Magnetic Model"
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/geomag/WMM/DoDWMM.shtml

Now the comments at the beginning of coremag.cxx imply that the module
originally implemented
wmm2000 and was updated by Wim Van Hoydonck
(wim.van.hoydo...@gmail.com) to wmm2005.
The current version is now wmm2010, and I wonder if simgear has been
updated to reflect this?
Could this account for my heading discrepancy at EGPF?

Alasdair