On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM, James Turner wrote:
> Emilian has explained on IRC this might be due to the out-of-the-box /
> default config for Rembrandt being highly suboptimal, which I didn't yet
> evaluate, I would be delighted to have it more usable. I'm going to test
> further over the weekend.

BTW, from a quick look at the relevant shaders, there are a couple of "if"
 tests that might be worth factoring out if possible:

gbuffer-functions.frag: 64
gbuffer-encode.frag: 21

Both of these seems to be related to a configuration property uniform,
and I wonder if the if() test itself is having significant cost.

Like you and Thorsten, I see a very significant drop (50%) in frame-rate
with Rembrandt, even without most the nice features such as shadows which
has put me off using it.  I had thought it was just because my box is now
underpowered (the march of technology....) but it sounds like other are
seeing similar issues and it would be worth some further investigation.

I'll have a play over the weekend when I get the chance.

-Stuart