Hi,

While working on performance issues reported by cppcheck, I wanted to
compare performance to a known baseline and came up with this simple test
bench.
It's:
- written in Python
- uses the telnet interface to FG
- doesn't have other dependencies and
- runs on Linux and Mac (tested) and run on Windows in its first incarnation

The script is called framerate.py and it replays a pre-recorded flight
(test2.out.gz described here:
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Suggested_Prerecorded_Flights) while collecting
numbers on frame rate and maximum latency.

The repository for this is at :
https://github.com/flighten/test
but if there's an option to host this on Gitorious (fg/test ?), I would be
glad to

  Tom