Hi All,

I've just taken a trawl through the git logs to find the major
enhancements from the last 6 months, the results of which are now in
the Changelog:

http://wiki.flightgear.org/Changelog_2.12

Comments welcome, particularly on what should be mentioned in the
"highlights" section at the end of the first paragraph:

"The FlightGear development team is happy to announce the v2.12
release of FlightGear, the free, open-source flight simulator. This
new version contains many exciting new features, enhancements and
bugfixes. Highlights in this release include improved usability,
continued development of the Canvas rendering toolkit, and improved
scenery rendering. "

I'd also like suggestions of other new or majorly improved aircraft
that have had particular updates over the last 6 months.

I'm also not sure whether or not we should include tooltips in the
feature list.  They are currently switched off by default in
preferences.xml and can only be switched on from within the Debug
menu. James - are they now mature enough that we should switched them
on by default?

On a related note there's also the question of the mouse modes to
consider.  I no-longer use the old-style mouse modes, instead using
the right-click-to-pan-view mode instead.  Should that be available
through the GUI (in which case I've got to re-write various parts of
The Manua)

Thanks,

-Stuart